[O] Obsolete org contrib package

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [O] Obsolete org contrib package
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 01:20:26 +0100

Hi all,

I just ran into org-ebib.el, a file that's part of org-contrib. I noticed that it uses functions from Ebib that were renamed pretty much exactly two years ago. (They're internal functions and thus got an extra dash.) This could in principle be fixed by changing the relevant function calls in org-ebib.el, but as it happens I'm about to push some changes to Ebib that will make it less straightorward to fix org-ebib.el.

So perhaps it would be best to simply remove org-ebib.el from org-contrib? It doesn't seem to have been used by anyone the past two years and all it does is define a function to store an org link to an Ebib entry, which, IIUC, is done in a completely different way in Org 9.0.

Joost

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments