Re: [O] Elisp: help on string operations for fast file visiting

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Elisp: help on string operations for fast file visiting
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 10:28:27 +0100

* Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-11-07 17:27, Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'd like to get a "Sorry" message for (1). Easy, if only I know how to
>> count lines in strings (as opposed to buffers).
>
> You could start by doing (split-string the_string "\n" t) (the last 't'
> says to omit the empty strings). So you get a list, possibly empty, of
> strings.
>
> Would this help for the rest?

Thanks for the tipp!

John Kitchin sent me some code I have to digest. From the first
look, it should help me to come up with the complete solution I
need. Thanks! I'll report back ;-)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github