[O] Blank lines after headline and before :PROPERTIES: etc

From: Charles Millar
Subject: [O] Blank lines after headline and before :PROPERTIES: etc
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:36:37 -0500

Hi,

I am not a programmer, coder, whatever, and realize that many of you are used to inferring certain conditions by examples given in manuals, etc.

Is it stated anywhere in the Org manual that blank lines are not allowed after headlines or certain other elements. If not, could such "enlightenment" be added to the manual? As an example,

* This is a headline
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: /path/to/exported/file
:END:

works as expected whereas

* This is a headline

:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: /path/to/exported/file
:END:

exports to a file with the buffer name.

(The above sometimes occur when I kill and yank the properties block.

Another example would be the necessity that a table immediately follow all elements that are used to format and generate a table.

Charlie Millar