Re: [O] Blank lines after headline and before :PROPERTIES: etc

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Blank lines after headline and before :PROPERTIES: etc
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 00:28:31 +0100

Hello,

Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it stated anywhere in the Org manual that blank lines are not
> allowed after headlines or certain other elements.

Quoting (info "(org) Property syntax"),

  Properties are key-value pairs. When they are associated with a single
  entry or with a tree they need to be inserted into a special drawer
  (@pxref{Drawers}) with the name @code{PROPERTIES}, which has to be
  located right below a headline, and its planning line
  (@pxref{Deadlines and scheduling}) when applicable.

Improvements are welcome.

Also, see

  http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html

Eventually,

  M-x org-lint

should report such issue. Actually, it doesn't, but I fixed it so it
will eventually report it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou