Re: [O] latex exporting to different directory with v9.0

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: Re: [O] latex exporting to different directory with v9.0
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:30:13 +0100

Hello,

On 08/11/16 18:49, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Per above, you could use latexmk "-C" option and move both ".tex" and
".pdf" file to appropriate directories.

I wasn't aware of the "-C" option, it looks like it could - with some settings - blow away the intermediate files that latexmk uses to minimise compile passes.

This breaks the export process, because `org-compile-file' can no longer
find, and return, the produced file. `org-compile-file' has to know
where the output is.

Ah, OK. I'm curious, however, how a compiler (eg tex2dvi) cd'd to a different working directory can ever resolve links to image files.

One problem is that we already provide compilation commands that do not
set it (e.g., the "texi2dvi" command above). As I wrote, if we leave
default-directory alone, something else has to be fixed.

In any case, I removed default-directory setting and, hopefully, applied
the necessary changes to commands.

I'm very grateful for your help with this and for trying this change/reversion. I'll try it with the next release.

Best,
alex