Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry

From: Alan Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:05:29 +1100

On 11 November 2016 at 02:08, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Alan Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> Suggested wording:
>
> In 8.1:
>

> timestamp can appear anywhere in the headline or body of an Org tree
> entr UNLESS is is preceded by a keyword in which case it must be properly
> positioned or it will be ignored: see 8.3 for details.

This is wrong. Only the keyword is ignored, not the timestamp. This is
why DEADLINE and SCHEDULED location is unrelated to section 8.1.

Hi Nicolas,
Will you please double check this? On my system, the entry does *not* show up in the agenda (C-c a a). If I remove the DEADLINE:, then it does show up. So, for the important purpose under discussion, the timestamp is ignored.

Emacs version 24.4.1 on Debian Stable

org-version: Org mode version 9.0 (9.0-elpaplus @ /home/alant/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161102/)

> A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate planning.
> WARNING: both the timestamp and the keyword are ignored if not positioned
> immediately following the headline. No space or other text is allowed.

I think "immediately following the headline" is unambiguous. No need to
specify "no space or other text is allowed".

I modified section 8.3 accordingly.

WDYT?

Subject to the above, OK. Just so long as there is a good strong warning about it.

Thanks,