Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-lin

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 07:49:48 +0100

Hello,

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> David Talmage <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I built org 9.0 on my Mac today.  'make test' reported one failed test.  I
>>> don't know if it is important or not.  Please advise me.
>>>
>>> 'make test' said:
>>>
>>> 1 unexpected results:
>>>    FAILED  test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link
>>
>> Our build bot doesn't report this error and I cannot reproduce it
>> either. None of us is using a Mac, though.
>>

> I have a Mac and I *can* reproduce this running `make test'. But
> following the README for interactive testing, the test succeeds:
>
> Selector: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link
> Passed:  1
> Failed:  0
> Skipped: 0
> Total:   1/1
>
> I do not know what further steps to take to debug this.

You can mimic the test:
- create a new file in `temporary-file-directory'.
- insert

  * Test
    #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :file test.txt :cache yes
      (message "test")
    #+END_SRC"

- Put point on "BEGIN"

- Call (org-babel-execute-src-block) and compare return value with
  (concat default-directory "test.text")

Another option is to modify the test so it prints some useful debugging
information before failing (e.g., contents of default-directory and
return value of (org-babel-execute-src-block)).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou