Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-lin

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:40:01 -0800

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

David Talmage <address@hidden> writes:

I built org 9.0 on my Mac today.  'make test' reported one failed test.  I
don't know if it is important or not.  Please advise me.

'make test' said:

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link

[snip]

Another option is to modify the test so it prints some useful debugging
information before failing (e.g., contents of default-directory and
return value of (org-babel-execute-src-block)).

Doing this with `make test', I see that default-directory is let bound to

"/var/folders/kb/2hchpbyj7lb6z76l0q73w_fh0000gn/T//tmp-orgtest/"

and (concat default-directory "test.txt") will retain the double slash.

The return value from the second (org-babel-execute-src-block) has only a single slash between 'T' and 'tmp'. Hence the failure.

When run interactively, there is no double slash and the test succeeds.

Using

: (expand-file-name "test.txt")

in place of

: (concat default-directory "test.txt)

cleans out the double slash and succeeds either with `make test' or interactively.

So, maybe make that change?

Chuck