Re: [O] Citation syntax: now supported in Pandoc

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: now supported in Pandoc
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 13:57:09 -0800

Hi Nicolas,

> I rebased wip-cite onto master. I didn't test the branch but "make test"
> reports no problem.

Great, thanks!

I guess this does not include the preliminary work on the org-cite
library (from Aaron Ecay's wip-cite-awe branch), or the work I was doing
on interfacing with a CSL processor via JSON.  Both of those pieces of
work are in the branch in [1].

> I'd rather have some testing on the Org side. This is not a Pandoc-devel
> mailing list. Besides, we really need to move forward on this branch.

Sure, of course.  In order for there to be testing on the Org side,
though, we need the support for citation syntax that the wip-cite branch
provides to get hooked up to the various exporters.  This is what we
made a start on in the org-cite library, before some sticky design and
dependency issues interrupted the momentum.  Will anyone have time to
work on those soon?

Best,
Richard

[1] https://github.com/wyleyr/org-mode/commits/wip-cite-rebase