Re: [O] capitalization of titles in org-ref

From: Georg W. Otto
Subject: Re: [O] capitalization of titles in org-ref
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 18:33:53 +0000

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> That happens because of the function org-ref-title-case-article in the
> variable org-ref-clean-bibtex-entry-hook.
>
> Just set org-ref-clean-bibtex-entry-hook to have what you want in it
> in your init files to prevent the title casing from occurring.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately I am not very elisp-savy, so
excuse me if I did something silly. I set
org-ref-clean-bibtex-entry-hook in my init file and commented out
org-ref-title-case-article like this:

(setq bibtex-dialect 'biblatex)

(setq org-ref-clean-bibtex-entry-hook
  '(orcb-key-comma
    org-ref-replace-nonascii
    orcb-&
    orcb-%
    ;; org-ref-title-case-article
    orcb-clean-year
    orcb-key
    orcb-clean-doi
    orcb-clean-pages
    org-ref-sort-bibtex-entry))

(setq bibtex-align-at-equal-sign t
      bibtex-autokey-name-year-separator ""
      bibtex-autokey-year-title-separator ""
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-separator ""
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-first-ignore '("the" "a" "if" "and" "an")
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-length 30
      bibtex-autokey-titlewords 3
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-case-convert-function (quote identity)
      bibtex-autokey-name-case-convert-function (quote capitalize)
      bibtex-autokey-year-length 4
      )

As intended, the title words do not get capitalized, but now the bibtex
first three title words, in order to stay compatible with my existing
bibtex library. Any idea?

Cheers,

Georg

--