Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:27:45 -0700

On 12/3/16, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anyway, I pushed a change to maint that should solve the "72x vs. 2x"
> issue.

thank you!

i am glad i do not have to switch to master to get 2x.

> I implemented the following variables in master:
>
> - `org-agenda-show-future-repeats'
> - `org-agenda-prefer-last-repeat'
>
> and removed `org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all', which was
> ambiguous.

> Feedback welcome.

the only difference i found between 8 and 9maint, running today, with
show all set to nil, is:

  SCHEDULED: <2016-10-17 Mon .+7d>

which shows today as 7x and tomorrow in 9maint, but only tomorrow in
8.  presumably 8 considers the 7x a duplicate but 9 does not.

with the new variables in master, i found that master is the same as 8.

thus, master can be set to be exactly like 8, while maint is slightly different.

===

i think the variables and names and docstrings are very good.

the only feature that seems to be missing from 8 and 9maint that might
be needed in 9master is a list of strings for todo kw that should show
future repeats.  thus you could say that NOTE does not show future
repeats, but NEXTREPEAT does.