[O] exporting # to latex?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: [O] exporting # to latex?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:57:48 +0000

I'm trying to write an org-mode file that is being exported to latex,
and then built into a pdf file, of the MPD online manual.

I'm now trying to show the 'mpf.conf' file which is mostly with
commented out lines starting with a hash (#). But that breaks the
org-mode export, so how can I have it displayed and exported to latex
please?

I've tried putting a comma in front of each separate #, which does work,
but gives a very untidy export to latex. I've also tried putting
'#+begin_src org' before the block of text and #, and '#+end_src' after
it, but when I build the pdf after exporting it to latex I get this
error report -

Chapter 9.
! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \lstset

l.1749 \lstset
              {language=org,label= ,caption= ,captionpos=b,numbers=none}
? x

Where it just halts and is unable to proceed without correcting it,
which I can't do, so I have to say 'x' to break out of it.

So what I'm trying to get is a latex file which includes the .conf file
and all of its # in the right place and show as # on their own. But how
can I do it please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.5.1.1