Re: [O] mark as done on a previous date?

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: Re: [O] mark as done on a previous date?
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 16:38:24 +0000

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
>> I'm trying to use org-habit to track my habits and sometimes I don't
>> get around to mark stuff as done on the day I do them. I've found two
>> different functions for marking stuff as done in the past, but I can't
>> get either of them to work.
>> [...]

[...]

Interesting. I couldn't get yours to work as I expected either, and
decided to try =org-todo-yesterday=, and couldn't get _that_ to work as
I expected either, which I thought was strange so I dug a bit deeper. I
tested with =emacs -q foo.org= and added the following entry (I did this
on the 30th of December):

,----
| * TODO Testing 123
|   SCHEDULED: <2016-12-27 Tue .+1m>
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :STYLE:    habit
|   :END:
`----

After using =org-todo-yesterday= I ended up with:

,----
| * TODO Testing 123
|   SCHEDULED: <2017-01-29 Sun .+1m>
|   - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2016-12-30 Fri 16:29]
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :STYLE:    habit
|   :LAST_REPEAT: [2016-12-30 Fri 16:29]
|   :END:
`----

I now see (finally!) that the *re-scheduling* works as I would expect,
but the LAST_REPEAT and state change logging still uses the actual time.
I would have expected both those to use the 29th rather than the 30th as
well. Perhaps this is just my expectation that needs adjusting, but this
breaks org-habit's graphing of my consistency. Perhaps I just have to
get in the habit of ticking stuff off on the day I do them... :-)

Stig