[O] org-ref: citation types (insert full citation); bib style; bib scope

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] org-ref: citation types (insert full citation); bib style; bib scope
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 09:27:08 -0500

After several years, I'm finally trying to move to bibtex from zotero, partly because org-zotxt has stopped working for me (both link insertion and html export seem at least temporarily broken).

The UI for org-ref is pretty fantastic, and I love it. I'm having trouble getting the behaviour I want fro mthe actual links, though.  My needs may be somewhat atypical but I'm hoping someone else has figured these questions out already.

* citation types
The org-ref manual talks about different citation types, but the external link it suggests is not loading: http://ctan.unixbrain.com/macros/latex/contrib/natbib/natnotes.pdf

Does anyone know what the other options are? In particular, for the syllabi I'm currently creating I'd like to just insert the org-formatted citation information itself -- is this possible? I'd like to be able to point my students directly to my github repo, and it will ultimately be more convenient to have the links already present in the source code, since github doesn't reoslve org-ref

* bib style
When I right-click on a link and select "copy the formatted citation", I don't get the URL field, which my students need. I assume that's because I'm not using the right bibliographic style. How do I set the citation format?  Would I use the bibliographystyle link, or a header argument somewhere?

Also, is it possible to set this option to use org formatting instead of html formatting?

* Bibliography scope
I guess I don't really know how to build a bibliographic file to go with a particular project.  At present I am using my full Zotero library exported to bibtex as a default. Is there a way to just build the bibliography from the set of sources cited in the paper?

Thanks everyone, and of course especially John for this amazing tool.

Matt