Re: [O] "COMMENT" keyword not properly documented in the manual

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] "COMMENT" keyword not properly documented in the manual
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 00:51:44 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> Unaware that "COMMENT" was a specific org string,

It is special only at the beginning of a headline (but past TODO keyword
and priority cookie, if any).

> I had used it at the beginning of a headline, resulting in biased tag
> and string searches ('C-c a m' or 'C-c a s'). (I was unlucky: the
> color of the headline was the same as the COMMENT's, so I did not
> notice anything strange.) I think I finally understood, and found
> about the org-agenda-skip-comment-trees variable, but...

[...]

> So it seems to me that something about "COMMENT" should be said at
> some place(s) in the "Agenda views" section.

Considering COMMENT is primarily export related, one option would be to
make `org-agenda-skip-comment-trees' to nil as a default. In this case,
it might not even be necessary to document this variable in the manual.

WDYT?

--
Nicolas Goaziou