Re: [O] org-capture exists with "Capture abort: (wrong type argument...)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture exists with "Capture abort: (wrong type argument...)"
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:10:24 +0100

Simao <address@hidden> writes:

> I only changed the location of the journal file.

Worse, you changed the extension, which means the major mode used after
opening the file is different.

> org-mode actually creates the file and the right heading:
>
> * 2017
> ** 2017-01 January
> *** 2017-01-11 Wednesday
>
> But then this error is thrown.

This error means `org-todo-line-regexp' is not defined, because the
major mode in this file is not `org-mode'

> What do you mean the file is not in org mode? How do I add it to org
> mode?

See (info "(org) Activation")

You can use Org as a major-mode file-wise or for every file with ".txt"
extension.

Regards,