Re: [O] excluding whole trees on export when subtrees have "select" tags

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] excluding whole trees on export when subtrees have "select" tags present
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 06:50:59 +0000

On Wednesday, 11 Jan 2017 at 20:26, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> This is what select tags do, but the tree starts at top-level. Any tree
> that _contains_ a select tag is exported as a whole. See
> `org-export--selected-trees'.

Yes.

> You want to use select tags to get parts of trees, i.e. sub-trees. For
> example,

But I don't.  What I had expected is that if the tree is not selected at
the top level, then it should not be selected at all regardless of
sub-tree heading tags.  However, if a sub-tree has a selected task, the
whole tree is selected.  I expected nothing.

But this is fine.  I now understand the behaviour and can achieve what I
want with careful combinations of tags.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-189-ge46676