Re: [O] Allowing multiple date trees in a single file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Allowing multiple date trees in a single file
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 06:53:46 +0100

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

> Another way to implement this would be to use different VALUES for the
> DATE_TREE/WEEK_TREE property - maybe that would actually be a somewhat
> cleaner implementation.

I think ":DATE_TREE: week" ":DATE_TREE: t" is cleaner, indeed.

This is not quite what I meant.

I meant

:DATE_TREE: my_diary
:DATE_TREE: food_and_health
:DATE_TREE: movies watched

> I'll rethink that and I will also define a test.

I also agree there's an opportunity to refactor this and come out with
a more generic interface.

Yet another option is to define new capture targets, e.g.

 - file+datetree+olp
 - file+datetree+olp+date
 - file+datetree+regexp
 - file+datetree+regexp+date
 - ...
 - file+weektree+olp
 - ...

Those would ignore WEEK_TREE and DATE_TREE properties altogether.

Yes, one could have additional ways - but I am not going to take out the existing ones, which would needlessly break things with various users.

Another thing I was thinking is a way to force prompting for a date, for example through a prefix argument, so that a single capture template could be used for using the current date and optionally a set one.

Carsten

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou