Re: [O] How to have a sideways longtable?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] How to have a sideways longtable?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:29:54 -0600

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM, William Denton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a long and wide table of text I'd like to have sideways (landscape
> orientation) and stretch over multiple pages.  I can do either one but not
> both together.
>
> Here's a gist with a long, wide table:
>
> https://gist.github.com/wdenton/f11acf2e5257b29789f806b854d0709e
>
> If you take that and export it to LaTeX it will be long (on two pages) but
> not sideways, with some columns are cut off on the right---the float is
> being ignored, it seems.
>
> Using the float on its own does work, and this appears in the output:
>
> \begin{sidewaystable}[htbp]
>
> But when the longtable is there, it's just this without any sidewaystable:
>
> \begin{longtable}{rrllllll}
>
> Is this a bug?  I assumed they'd work together out of the box, but maybe I
> need to do something special.

I'm not sure what version of org I was using at the time (2014), but
knew I'd done this. This might not be exactly what you wanted, but I
just used landscape instead of sideways table and know it worked:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{lscape}

#+latex: \begin{landscape}
#+latex: \tiny
#+attr_latex: :align llll|llllll|lllllll|lll :env longtable
| table | goes | here |
#+latex: \end{landscape}

Like I said, that was old, so some of the syntax would be different
(like #+begin_export latex / #+end_export) but it's what I had on hand
to send quick!

John