Re: [O] What would you like to see in the next MobileOrg iOS?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] What would you like to see in the next MobileOrg iOS?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:44:45 +0100

Sean Escriva <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi fellow Org users,
>
> I'm the current maintainer of MobileOrg for iOS[1]. We've recently been
> working on a refreshed release of the current version of MobileOrg and it
> will be released soon as v1.7. After
> this release v1 will be in maintenance mode while we focus efforts on the
> next version.
>
> We've started plans on the future version of MobileOrg, dubbed just v2
> currently. It will be a major rewrite and we need your input. We hope to not
> just improve the codebase but also
> add more features that would be useful specifically to mobile users and
> provide a great Org mode experience on an iOS device.
>
> We've started a specification document[2] which is slowly evolving and we'd
> like to track issues for discussion[3] with the community of users before
> making decisions.
>
> If you have any additional requirements feel free to add them as an issue or
> by pull request[4]. Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks - this looks like I might use MobileOrg again when version 2 is
out! Great.

One more idea (of which I don't know if it is possible) - sync of org /
emacs calender tasks to the iOS calender. This would be brilliant.

I filed an Issue https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg.next/issues/2
but I think you have to set the tag?

Looking forward to version 2,

Cheers,