Re: [O] Beamer framebreak

From: edgar
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer framebreak
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 23:37:52 +0000

Hey Fabrice,

It's me again. I looked at your (README.org), and I finally understood how to force a framebreak! Thank you very much. I feel stupid, because it's the same solution which has been around on the Internet, but I finally know how to use it. For others who might be interested:

If your heading number 2 (** Heading) creates a slide (look at the #+OPTIONS: of your org file. If you have H:2, then this is the case. If you have another number after H:, it means that your slides will be created with that level of heading. This is all in the manual, honest!), then add the property for allowframebreaks,label= (https://bitbucket.org/rivanvx/beamer/issue/265/including-frame-label-option-stops):

* Heading #1
** Heading #2
  :PROPERTIES:
  # The 0.8 forces the content to fit in 0.8 of the whole slide
  # (without considering navigation bars, etc.)
  :BEAMER_OPT: allowframebreaks=0.8,label=
  :END:
Your long contents go here (and more than one slides are generated automatically)

So, if you try this (doesn't work):
* Heading #1
** Heading #2
*** Heading #3
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_OPT: allowframebreaks=0.8,label=
  :END:
  Your long contents will be cropped within a single slide

This doesn't work either:
* Heading #1
** Heading #2
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_OPT: allowframebreaks=0.8,label=
  :END:
*** Heading #3
Your long contents will be cropped into more than one slide, wherein the first slide will possibly be the headline.

Now that I think of it, may be I should turn this into a feature request. Is that reasonable? (to force a framebreak when a block overflows a slide, resulting in cropped contents).

Edgar