Re: [O] Price/ list comparison

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Price/ list comparison
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:48:08 -0800

Hi Eduardo,

"Eduardo V." <address@hidden> writes:

> I constantly buy diodes, resistors, etc. for projects and i mostly save the
> receipts.
>
> I want to know if there is an org-mode way (or any other software) that
> let's me input all the data form the receipts and tell me which components
> are cheaper in X store.
>
> A plus if it has a way of telling me how many components i have left.

You might want to check out Ledger: http://ledger-cli.org/

It is a system for doing accounting with plain text, and has lots of features
that I think you would find useful, including tracking prices and commodities.
You should definitely be able to get it to tell you the things you're looking
for, once you enter your receipts.  Also, it has good integration with Emacs,
and (to some extent) with Org.

Best,
Richard