Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 19:32:56 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 13:10:07 +0100
> Cc: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>,
>       Phillip Lord <address@hidden>,
>       emacs-org list <address@hidden>,
>       Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
>
> If Django had traditionally always been distributed along with Python,
> and maintained in the Python repo, and the suggestion now would be to
> move Django to a part of the Python repo that very few developers look
> at, but Django would continue to be distributed with Python, and all
> Django bug reports would continue to go to the Python bug repository,
> and Python developers would continue to be responsible for QA and bug
> fixing of Django.

I believe the intent is to make it so that checking out and building
Emacs also checks out and builds all the packages that are intended to
be part of a release tarball.  If we indeed do that this way, there
will be no difference, QA-wise, between core packages and ELPA
packages that are logically part of an Emacs release.