[O] I have org-plus-contrib from ELPA. How do I temporarily test Org fro

From: Jorge Morais Neto
Subject: [O] I have org-plus-contrib from ELPA. How do I temporarily test Org from git?
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 16:08:46 -0200

Hi.  I wanted to temporarily run git Org so I could test a fix by Nicolas
Goaziou.  I have pulled the master branch and adapted local.mk.  In that
file, I set:
      prefix = ~/.emacs.d/locally_built_org

      # Where local lisp files go.
      # $(prefix)/emacs/site-lisp/org
      lispdir= $(prefix)/site-lisp

      # Where local data files go.
      # $(prefix)/emacs/etc/org
      datadir = $(prefix)/etc

      # Where info files go.
      # infodir = $(prefix)/info
      infodir = /usr/local/emacs/share/info

I have built and run ‘make test’ (there were two unexpected test failures, but
they regard functionality I don’t use).  In init.el I added
      (add-to-list 'load-path
                   (concat user-emacs-directory
                           "locally_built_org/site-lisp"))

At that point (just before ‘sudo make install’), [1] scared me with the
warning "We strongly recommend to stick to a single installation method".
Does that mean I cannot install Org from git if I already have it from ELPA?
I wanted Org from git to just override Org from ELPA.
1: http://orgmode.org/org.html#Installation

As a precaution, I have uninstalled ELPA org-plus-contrib before
‘sudo make install’.  After testing, I installed ELPA org-plus-contrib
again.  Was that really necessary?

--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.