Re: [O] Using CEDET modules from Emacs core

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [O] Using CEDET modules from Emacs core
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:15:03 -0800

SM> For one, I'd like to see more major modes come with support for Semantic
SM> right in the major mode's own definition (rather than have it part of
SM> CEDET). E.g. for Elisp mode, CC-mode, ...

SM> The idea is to get to the point where Semantic support is just another
SM> thing that a major mode should aim to support alongside syntax-tables,
SM> indentation, font-lock, outline-minor-mode, ...

Is the semantic support really at the point of warranting that? Does it have
many users currently? Is it something major-modes would want to include
default support for?

The last time I tried it, for C++ code, it was far too slow. Are you saying
it's effective for other languages, like Python or Javascript or Go?