Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:46:09 -0800

DE> I find this whole core vs package argument strange. If you ship Emacs with
DE> Org, Gnus and CEDET, they are part of Emacs, so it's in the interest of
DE> all Emacs developers that they work well, whether they use them or not.
DE> The users won't care if they originate from a separate repo and are
DE> considered a "package". So if Paul is determined to fix all occurences of
DE> "compatilibity" in the doc-strings, why would he only do that for core?

If pulling Emacs.git also pulls ELPA.git (as it should, since it's within our
purview as well), then global search&replace should still affect all the
files.

I hear your other points, so I'm curious now as to what more people think
about this who work on Emacs core: Do you want more modularity with regard
ELPA, or does the monolithic model work better for you?