Re: [O] org-time-stamp, day format

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-time-stamp, day format
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 14:04:17 +0000

On Saturday, 11 Feb 2017 at 22:38, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>    > Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > And if you want to fix this in Emacs only:
>
>    >   ;; System locale to use for formatting time values.
>    >   (setq system-time-locale "C")         ; Make sure that the weekdays in
> the
>    >                                         ; time stamps of your Org mode
> files and
>    >                                         ; in the agenda appear in
> English.
>
> Aha, thanks that looks helpful, however the documentation for that
> variable is nonexistent. How do I know its options and that "C"
> corresponds to English?

It does not strictly speaking correspond to English but to the "default"
language for each individual application which may, of course, be
English in many if not most cases.

Good examples and further explanations can be found in

  http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/87745/what-does-lc-all-c-do#87748

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.4-242-g2c27b8