Re: [O] Why is Org PDF LaTeX Output not readonly?

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: [O] Why is Org PDF LaTeX Output not readonly?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:09:27 +0100

Am 16.02.2017 um 14:47 schrieb Eric S Fraga:
> On Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 08:33, Florian Lindner wrote:
>> It would be much easier to close it quickly this way and it would be
>> consistent with other buffers that serve the same
>> purpose, like the beforementioned Auctex output buffer.
>
> It would indeed be easier.  The buffer is created in org-latex-compile
> and I guess it would be the case of setting the mode for the buffer?
> Beyond my level of elisp expertise however.

There is with-output-to-temp-buffer with redirects the output to a temp buffer
that behaves like a help window and shows
that buffer Using this function however makes only sense, when org mode
defaults to displaying the latex output in case
something goes wrong. Which, imo would be as sensible default too.

Changing that is also way beyond my elisp knowlege.

Best,
Florian