Re: [O] Searching for a headline

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Searching for a headline
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:28:48 +0100

Mark Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> What do you mean by unique name? Is this a property that is available
> via org-element or do I have to set this in the source document?

According to its docstring, `org-publish-resolve-external-link' is used
to resolve the following links:

  [[file.org::*heading][description]]
  [[file.org::#custom-id][description]]
  [[file.org::fuzzy][description]]

It is used by the exporter, and it assumes "file.org" belongs to the
publishing project.

IOW, if you are not writing an export back-end, this is not the right
tool.

> I'm trying to link to all the headlines from a table of contents (EPUB
> expoerter). Basically I'm using a `:completion-function' to generate all
> the meta data and I need to link to most of the headlines down to a
> certain level during the toc generation.

I don't know the EPUB exporter. You probably could modify the Org source
itself instead of the output.

Regards,