Re: [O] org-bbdb-anniversaries-future

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-bbdb-anniversaries-future
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 15:30:22 +0100

On 2017-03-01 15:03, Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

>> I don't think it helps. IIRC, code integration in Emacs is pretty
>> strict. You could simply sign FSF papers.
> Yes. Trouble is nobody could explain to me what I have to sign and what
> that means in the legal system I'm in. My last attempt to find that out
> was in #emacs. It's about 'transfer of copyright' to the FSF. If I
> translate 'copyright' to the corresponding construct in our legal
> system, the transfer isn't possible. I can't give away the copyright.
> Maybe 'transfer of copyright' isn't what signing the FSF papers mean, I
> don't know. And IANAL ;).

Does the FSFE version works for emacs
(https://fsfe.org/activities/ftf/fla.en.html)? Because it seems to be
adapted to legal systems outside of the USA. I had a look at the French
version and they explicitly mention that they make this version because
in France transferring copyright is impossible (you may just give
exploitation rights).

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2017-01: 406.13, 2016-01: 402.52