Re: [O] Clocktable creates superfluous columns

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Clocktable creates superfluous columns
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:10:12 +0100

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> I'm a bit surprised that was the case. When fixing the clocktable,
>> I also wondered what was the expected behaviour in that case, did some
>> quick tests and came to the conclusion empty columns were fine.
>
> I already said that I can see the utility of that in some cases, it's
> just a user-visible change that I found not documented.

What I meant is that upon testing old revisions, empty columns were also
left over. Hence my surprise, since our experiences differ.

> I'll try to make some time for that.

Thank you.

> OTOH, if it's just a matter of implementing another customization
> option and code to pick up on that, we may not even need to know when
> it changed.

Honestly I'm curious to know how it was done. AFAICT, it entails to
compute deepest headline level across all files in scope. I don't think
there was such code.

Also, yet another customization may not be needed, as both behaviours
sounds fine to me.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou