Re: [O] HTML presentations using org-html-slideshow?

From: Peter Salazar
Subject: Re: [O] HTML presentations using org-html-slideshow?
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 01:12:53 -0500

If anyone's interested, there's a new working version of org-html-slideshow that's compatible with org-mode 9.x available here:
https://github.com/aiba/org-html-slideshow.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Peter Salazar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been using the excellent org-html-slideshow (https://github.com/relevance/org-html-slideshow) to generate HTML slides from org-mode, and it's been working well for me for years.

It generates HTML slides from org-mode using the org-mode heading hierarchy. Tag any heading with the org-tag :slide: and that heading and its contents automatically become their own slide once you export to HTML using org-export-dispatch.

I prefer org-html-slideshow to org-reveal since it allows me the ability to easily customize the look and feel of slides—by creating a custom slide—simply by adding an org-tag. So if I tag an org-heading with the tag :fullscreenslide: for example (so that the heading looks like * Heading :slide:fullscreenslide:), it will then export that slide to HTML with class="fullscreenslide" — and I can then use CSS to customize the look and feel of all slides with that class.

Org-html-slideshow also offers a great Presenter View, which opens in a separate tab in your browser, and displays your speaker notes, the current slide, and the next slide. Unfortunately, org-html-slideshow is no longer being actively developed, and a recent update to org-mode has broken the way Presenter View functions. Somehow with the new org-mode updates, the "next slide" view in Presenter Notes mode no longer advances correctly. The "next slide" slide gets stuck in a loop of 4-5 slides, and just repeats those few slides. It does not reliably show you what the next slide is going to be.

I notice that the output from example.org when I export to HTML is fairly different from the example.html that's in the repo. Something in those differences is breaking the ability of Presenter Notes to advance to the next slide:
https://gist.github.com/incandescentman/dca040c750a3e9e7e687942d69ebd53f

Anyone else using org-html-slideshow? Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this working again? Thanks!