[O] matlab-shell-run-command (was: workflow, matlab+latex in org file)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] matlab-shell-run-command (was: workflow, matlab+latex in org file)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 15:24:10 +0000

>>> "John" == John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

   > You can put them into an elisp src block to try it out. They have to go in
   > an init file to be permanent. I just made a symlink to the matlab
   > executable on my path.

   > The ipython functions are defined in ob-ipython,
   > https://github.com/gregsexton/ob-ipython I think.

I just found out that it will not work for me since the matlab-kernel will
need the python support of matlab, which requires version 2016 o later.

And indeed the most annoying issue of  executing matlab in an
org buffer using the babel interface was the fact that it was slow since
every time matlab needs to be restarted. Now that matlab-kernel thing
seems to resolve the issue. However it needs a very recent version of
matlab.

Therefore my proposal:

there exists already a matlab-shell written in
lisp written by Eric Ludlam and others which does not require a restart
of matlab for every call.

Couldn't your code (defun org-babel-execute:matlab (body params) trying
to use matlab-shell-run-command or matlab-shell-run-region?

I don't understand enough of either function to try to modify it.

Regards

Uwe