Re: [O] Let Org-mode babel file result support relative link type by usi

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [O] Let Org-mode babel file result support relative link type by using org-link-file-path-type
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:49:00 +0800

* Does Org-mode `:output-dir` header-argument? Or is `:dir`?

* An example

I can make it (`:results file :file "FILENAME"`) work in `ob-python` like this:

```org
#+BEGIN_SRC python :var fname="QR_I_Love_YOU.png" :dir "data/images" :results file
import qrcode

img = qrcode.make("I Love YOU")
img.save(fname)
return fname
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
[[file:/home/stardiviner/Org/Wiki/Computer Technology/Programming/Programming Languages/Python/Data/Packages/data/images/QR_I_Love_YOU.png]]
```

* More specific suggestion:

Make use of org-mode variable `org-link-file-path-type`.
When user generate a result with link (like:

```org
#+RESULTS:
[[file:/home/stardiviner/Org/Wiki/Computer Technology/Programming/Programming Languages/Python/Data/Packages/data/images/QR_I_Love_YOU.png]]
```

Org-mode babel always use relative file path for link, instead of absolute file path like upper example.
For example, if current path is `/home/stardiviner/Org/Wiki/Computer Technology/Programming/Programming Languages/Python/Data/Packages/`, then the relative file path link should be:

```org
#+RESULTS:
[[file:data/images/QR_I_Love_YOU.png]]
```

* About what one preceduce over the other problem

The header argument `:dir "data/images"` is used to specify my generated image's destination directory.
My suggestion is want a the result link use `org-link-file-path-type`. So the header argument `:dir` is not about the result link. Just it will be used. Like upper example.

[stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Let Org-mode babel file result support relative (adaptive) link type by
> using `org-link-file-path-type`.
>
> This also can solve static site generator extensions (like `ob-blog.el`
> etc) image link path issue.
>
> Also better if user changed parent directory name, those links will have to
> updated too. But if `adaptive` `org-link-file-path-type` will solve this
> problem.
>
> So please let Org-mode babel header arguments `:results file :file
> "filename.png"` use `org-link-file-path-type` variable.

It sounds interesting. Could you be more specific about the
specifications of your suggestion.

For example, what happens when :output-dir is set, or when :file already
provides some directory part? What part takes precedence over the other?

Better, could you show some examples, or some tests?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou