Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:04:38 -1000

Scott Otterson <address@hidden> writes:

> I use Evernote, which has handy annotation, tagging, and search

I use this also, but I wanted something working within Emacs similar to
the Evernote web-clipper. Org-board is very powerful but requires an
intermediate step of creating a headline with a URL property.

I wanted something fast, so I wrote an org-mode web clipper. It works
with both w3m and eww, making use of an org-capture template and a
little custom code. Images are captured if you've set up w3m or eww to
display them. CSS, etc, is obviously not captured.

I've put it here if it's of any interest to anyone. It's pretty much a
prototype but I use it daily. Emacs 25 required.

http://www.bobnewell.net/publish/35years/webclipper.html

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i