Re: [O] parsing of emphasis versus links

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] parsing of emphasis versus links
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:32:27 -0400

I can not reproduce all the things you report.

I think part of the problem is [calc:]. I have to have at least two
characters of path to get a link that is colored.

Eric S Fraga writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have been playing with using embedded calc equations in org mode.  I
> have tried filters and with org emphasis markers but finally have come
> around to using the new org link capabilities.  Thank you John for
> these!
>
> I've defined the following:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (org-link-set-parameters
>    "calc"
>    :export (lambda (path desc backend)
>              (cond
>               ((eq 'latex backend)
>                (format "\\texttt{%s}" desc))))
>    :face '(:foreground "chartreuse"))
> #+end_src
>
> which I then use like this:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   [[calc:][Pv := 10^(6.886 - 1175.817 / (100 + 224.867)) => 1847.653]]
> #+end_src
>
> and with appropriate settings for calc [1], calc can manipulate and
> evaluate the expressions.  So far, so good.
>
> Two minor issues:
>
> 1. the fontification doesn't colour the links in the colour I would like
>    (chartreuse, #7fff00).

I get partial chartreuse, but there are some fontlock that can go on
top, e.g. if it looks like a latex fragment.

> 2. if I have two expressions close enough, both with := and =>
>    operators, org seems to get confused and interprets two of the =
>    symbols, each from one expression, as emphasis markers, as in this
>    example:
>
>    #+begin_src org
>      [[calc:][y := 3 x - 5 => 55]] [[calc:][z := sqrt(y) => 7.416]]
>    #+end_src

I can reproduce the issue above, but I have no way to help improve it.
This particular case looks like emphasis from a simple regexp pov.
Fixing it might require checking that the start/end are in the
same org-element maybe.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F