[O] Agenda notifications for timeless entries, and variable by priority

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: [O] Agenda notifications for timeless entries, and variable by priority
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:30:32 -0300

I'm currently using the following in my .emacs file to have
notifications for Org agenda events:

# Begin of file part
(setq appt-delete-window-function (lambda () t))

(require 'notifications)
(defun adfeno-appt-disp-window-function (min-remaining future-time diary-entry)
  (when (atom min-remaining)
    (notifications-notify
     :title diary-entry
     :body min-remaining
     :category "presence"
     :urgency "normal")
    (if (string-match-p "[[:space:]]\\[#A\\][[:space:]]" diary-entry)
        (start-process "adfeno-appt-notification-important" nil
                       "paplay"

"/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/alarm-clock-elapsed.oga")
      (start-process "adfeno-appt-notification-normal" nil
                     "timeout" "1"
                     "paplay"

"/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/alarm-clock-elapsed.oga"))))
(setq appt-disp-window-function 'adfeno-appt-disp-window-function)

(defun adfeno-org-agenda-to-appt ()
  (interactive)
  (setq appt-time-msg-list nil)
    (org-agenda-to-appt))

(run-at-time "00:01" (* 24 (* 60 60)) 'adfeno-org-agenda-to-appt)

;; Ativa as notificações de atividades marcadas.
(require 'appt)
(appt-activate 1)
(adfeno-org-agenda-to-appt)
# End of file part

However, if my agenda entries have no time, but of course have a date,
the notifications, noticeably for #A-priprity entries, don't evidence a
longer sound alarm. And might not even be displaying a pop-up for these
#A-priority events, because I never see such pop-ups when starting Emacs
for the first time in a day.

So my questions are: Do you know a way to have notifications that:

- Vary depending on the priority of the entry.
- Accept timeless entries (no hour, minute, or second).
- Make sound notifications, also varying by priority.

... ?

Respectfully, Adonay.
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com