Re: [O] evil-mode and org

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] evil-mode and org
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:12:22 -0400

Using evil-mode is not "using vim" IMHO. I think this is a question of
do you want modal editing or not (I suppose it could also be do you want
emacs-lisp or vimscript, but that is not the impression I get these days
;). With emacs you can have either traditional emacs editing (one-mode:
edit) or modal editing like vim (for the most part). And you can still
use emacs-lisp to customize the environment so you can have things like
org-mode.

I have seen a growing movement towards modal editing in emacs, e.g.
evil-mode, spacemacs, hydra, avy/ivy, etc... and even do some things
modally myself with those tools.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F