[O] Bug: startup latexpreview [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /gnu/store/...-emacs-

From: Diego Nicola Barbato
Subject: [O] Bug: startup latexpreview [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /gnu/store/...-emacs-org-20170210/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-20170210/)]
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 23:00:47 +0100

Hello,

When opening an org-file in emacs which contains the in-buffer setting

"#+STARTUP: latexpreview"

the minibuffer displays

"Creating images for section...done"

instead of

"Creating images for buffer...done"

and the LaTeX fragments in the buffer are not converted to
images. However, if I type

"C-u C-u C-c C-x C-l"

or

"C-u C-u M-x org-toggle-latex-fragment RET"

Org behaves as expected, by converting all LaTeX fragments to images.

I believe this happens because in org.el on line 5682 the function
org-toggle-latex-fragment is called with no argument, which does only
create images for the current section. AFAICT org-toggle-latex-fragment
should be called with '(16) as argument.

The enclosed documents are a minimal setup for loading nothing but
orgmode (emacs -Q -l /path/to/minimal-org.el) and a simple test file
which produces the error I describe above.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.6)
 of 2017-03-04
Package: Org mode version 9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @
/gnu/store/ky6z4kg7lq5g5w2ylyq692sc4ypx9vmr-emacs-org-20170210/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-20170210/)

I hope you'll find this bug-report helpful

Diego N. Barbato

P.S. I apologise for sending this report twice. The first time I forgot
to write a meaningful address into the From: field.