Re: [O] Scatter-gather idea

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [O] Scatter-gather idea
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 10:12:36 -1000

Thanks for the feedback. As to the question, what is scatter-gather? --
It's the idea of gathering up scattered pieces of text and consolidating
them in another place, whether elsewhere in the same buffer or
in another file.

Using tags would work, and I've done something similar in my home-brew
code for a fiction writing environment (I gather scattered comment
blocks). So would non-visible marks, although when brainstorming you may
want visible indicators of selected headlines.

Something like '** ! headine' doesn't really destroy org syntax in any
way, but it does add extra text to a headline (of course, so does a
tag). I'll certainly look at the suggested alternatives, especially helm.

In any case I'll think this through quite a bit more before developing a
prototype.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i