[O] Insert datetree entry

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: [O] Insert datetree entry
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:40:43 -0600

Hello,

there is a way in org-mode to insert a datetree entry without going
through the org-capture?  Ideally the function would jump to the
datetree and inser an headline for the current day if one is not
present, or move to the end of it if one is present.

I haven't found anything like this in the manual. I'm now digging in the
code. Hopefully it is not something too hard to implement with my
lacking elisp knowledge.

Thanks. Cheers,
Daniele