[O] Numbering specific headings only

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: [O] Numbering specific headings only
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 21:26:38 -0400

I am creating a legal document (a rental agreement) using org-mode and {{{macros}}}.
I have some of the kinks in the document ironed out so, except for one.

----sample document---
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{fullpage}

* RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT

   This residential leased property lease agreement

** LANDLORD AND TENANT COVENANT AND AGREE:

*** DEFINITIONS
    1. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ablaakjkfjadsf  kjfkjasdfkhajkfdjakf'asdfhsfh  shdfjhsaf khasdfhaieurh kakshfkasfhouw kdhfkahsdfjkiu  khdsjfhjf kjkqwn ajhjhb
    2. foo bar foo bar foo bar jkhdfjahf mhaksdfjkaf kjaksfdjkwhefrnm adfhff kaskdfha kajfhjahroryetha jkasdkfhajfhwohrmahjah kahsdfjhwurey hajsdfhiwyure hkhsadfyoiytg jhajdfh herhjh kh dahf hasjdfhiwer khkshdfkq  jkjaiyashd

*** FOOBAR
    some more legal gibberish goes here

---end of sample document-----

When I export the document to PDF, all the headings get numbered.  I only want to
have the 3rd level heading numbered (DEFINITIONS, FOOBAR, etc.).  I have got about 50 3rd level headings so far.  There may be more, might get less.  I don't want to manually number the headings.

How do I go about doing that ?    If I use the option 'H:3' it will do all headings 3 and above, which is not what I want.

Any thoughts/pointers/suggestions much appreciated.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi