[O] Mathjax CDN to shutdown April 30th 2017

From: Adam Aviv
Subject: [O] Mathjax CDN to shutdown April 30th 2017
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 09:41:05 -0400

Hi all,

I saw this blogpost recently about cdn.mathjax.org will be shutdown on April 30th 2017.

https://www.mathjax.org/cdn-shutting-down/

There's a replacement to use cloudflair hosting instead

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.0/MathJax.js?...

Is there a plan to move the default org-mode mathjax header link over to this by 30 April? It's a one line change in ox-htm.el for mathjax options. I've attached that patch for convenience.  However, after a bit of grepping, there should be some changes to the documentation which refers to using the mathjax CDN and stuff.

On another note, the default option of using orgmode.org's hosting of mathjax.sh should be updated to support HTTPS because most browsers block scripts loaded under http if the page is loaded under https. Or, that default should also change to the cloudflare cdn if it fits within the terms of service. Perhaps that should be a discussion for another thread, though.

-aja

--
Adam J. Aviv, PhD
Asst. Professor