[O] Bug: Using org-capture with a template adds an unnecessary newline r

From: Igor Perepelytsya
Subject: [O] Bug: Using org-capture with a template adds an unnecessary newline regardless of flags set [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /home/igor/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)]
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:57:01 -0400

Using a template with org-capture to create a new org entry will add an
unwanted newline after it. This occurs regardless of the contents of the
template file, whether or not the 'empty-lines 1' / 'empty-lines-after
1' checkboxes are ticked in org-customize, or `empty-lines` /
`empty-lines-after` keys are set to 0 manually. I expected that there
would be no newline added by default after a template is inserted into
an org-capture buffer.

This appears to happen because
`org-capture-place-(entry/plain-text/etc)` defuns in org-capture.el have
`(org-capture-empty-lines-after 1)` in them by default. Changing this to
`(org-capture-empty-lines-after)` and byte-compiling the file fixes the
issue. I am not aware of any reason for 1 to be the default forced value
here.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.30)
 of 2016-09-24
Package: Org mode version 9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /home/igor/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)