Re: [O] ANN/RFC: ox-epub

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] ANN/RFC: ox-epub
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 12:47:23 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> I'll keep looking on how to best implement [math support].

Probably the default solution should be images.  Do you think svg images
would be an option?  From here it seems it might generally work for at
least epub-3.

    http://epubtest.org/testsuite/epub3/feature/image-embedding/

We can produce svg images with dvisvgm already, cf.

    http://orgmode.org/org.html#Math-formatting-in-HTML-export

Is it possible in epub to specify fallback rendering options like in HTML?
If so it might be possible to put in both an MathML rendering and an svg
image.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
And when I’m finished thinking, I have to die a lot