Re: [O] Bug: link beginning with parenthesis doesn't work [9.0.5 (releas

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: link beginning with parenthesis doesn't work [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-474-g942b62 @ /home/joe/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:12:34 +0200

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

> In my opinion, capture and/or search should do something different for
> text beginning "(" and ending with ")",  when this text is a link
> target that is not within a code block.

See below.

> The docs say:
>
> "In literal examples, Org will interpret strings like ‘(ref:name)’ as
> labels"
>
> But the text (like this) in my example wasn't inside of a code block,
> nor was it presented as (ref:like this).

There are two syntaxs: the one within the code block, which is (ref:xxx)
by default and can be changed, and the one outside the block, which is
(xxx), and cannot be changed. See the following example from the manual:

     #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp -n -r
     (save-excursion                  (ref:sc)
        (goto-char (point-min)))      (ref:jump)
     #+END_SRC
     In line [[(sc)]] we remember the current position.  [[(jump)][Line (jump)]]
     jumps to point-min.

Regards,