Re: [O] Export in Foswiki format?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Export in Foswiki format?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:21:17 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Nevermind, I found this:
>>>
>>>   https://github.com/dfeich/org8-wikiexporters
>>>
>>> also available via MELPA.
>>
>> The following
>>
>>   M-x org-twiki-export-as-twiki
>>
>> worked on a file yesterday.  Today, with the same file, I get
>>
>>   org-export-barf-if-invalid-backend: Unknown "nil" back-end:
>>   Aborting export
>>
>> Any ideas of what I might have accidentally tweaked to make things
>> break?
>>

> Restarted your emacs and forgot to load ox-twiki.el?

No and yes.

'No' in the sense that I use (and have used for at least a couple of
years) Fabrice Niessen's 'try-require' function
(http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/dot-emacs.html) for loading things in my
.emacs.  If the thing to be loaded is missing the error is caught and
logged to *Messages*.  Loading in this way fails in a subtle way, since
the funtion 'org-twiki-export-as-twiki' is known, but broken.

'Yes' in the sense that if I just open the file 'ox-twiki.el' and
evaluate the buffer, exporting works fine.

I'll open a new thread on the topic of how to require packages which may
be missing.

Cheers,

Loris