[O] sort habits by priority

From: Jesse Johnson
Subject: [O] sort habits by priority
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:33:05 -0700

I want to sort habits by priority, such that priority overrides all other criteria (schedule, deadline, consistency, etc.).

In attempting to implement this I discovered that org-habit-get-priority is an inline function and thus cannot be overridden by the user. There seems to be no straightforward way to accomplish my goal without editing the org source code directly.

I am not the only one to run into this problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37200762/sort-todays-habits-by-priority-in-main-agenda-view

I think the best solution is either to make org-habit-get-priority a regular function (assuming this doesn't cause a serious performance degradation) or to add user-customizable variable(s) which can configure how habits are prioritized.

Thoughts?

Jesse