Re: [O] Exporting PDF (new setup)

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting PDF (new setup)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 08:50:47 -0400

Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, May 01 2017, Peter Davis wrote:
>> I'm running Org 8.2.10 on a new MacBook with El Capitan as the OS. I can't
>> seem to get PDF export working. I get these messages:
>>
>> Processing LaTeX file ./blahblahblah.tex...
>> /bin/bash: pdflatex: command not found [3 times]
>> org-latex-compile: PDF file ./blahblahblah.pdf wasn’t produced
>>
>> I did install basictex, and when I enter pdflatex on the command line, it
>> works with no problems. Any clues why org export isn't
>> finding the executable?
>
> This:
>
> https://github.com/purcell/exec-path-from-shell
>
> perhaps?

Ah! Thank you. That's gotten me past the first problem.

Now I'm getting:

Wrote /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/blahblahblah.tex
Processing LaTeX file ./blahblahblah.tex...
org-latex-compile: PDF file ./blahblahblah.pdf wasn’t produced: [LaTeX error]

I suppose I have to have to debug this like any LaTeX file.

Thank you, Joost.

-pd