Re: [O] About org-sort -> org-sort-list with custom sort function

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] About org-sort -> org-sort-list with custom sort function
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 11:37:42 -0400

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I'm a bit confused about why org-call-with-arg is necessary because I
>>> think call-interactively already propagates the current prefix argument,
>>> but perhaps I'm missing some subtlety here.  Either way ...
>>
>> I thought the same. I think we can replace `org-call-with-arg' with
>> `call-interactively' in master.
>
> OK, I'll have a closer look at which org-call-with-arg calls are
> unnecessary.

Grepping around, it looks like org-sort is the only place that uses
org-call-with-arg to send the argument through untouched.

Though, on second thought, using org-call-with-arg here rather than
call-interactively means that

  * the byte-compiler doesn't warn about WITH-CASE being unused. (I
    think marking it with an underscore would be confusing because it is
    "used".)

  * WITH-CASE isn't ignored when passed by a Lisp caller.

--
Kyle